17) Kraft TS, Venkataraman VV, Tacey IC, Endicott K. 2017. Foraging, prosociality, and kin support do not predict reproductive success in Batek hunter-gatherers. Evolution and Human Behavior (submitted)
16) Venkataraman VV, Kraft TS, Dominy NJ, Endicott KM. 2017. Hunter-gatherer residential mobility and the marginal value of rainforest patches. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences USA (in press)
15) Nguyen NN et al. (including Venkataraman VV). 2017. Observations of 13 diurnal births in wild gelada monkeys (Theropithecus gelada): Behavior, impact of parity, and implications for human evolution. American Journal of Physical Anthropology (in press) (Reported by NPR)
14) Greaves RD et al. (including Venkataraman VV) 2016. Appendix B. Economic activities of twenty-first-century foraging populations. In: Codding BF and Karen L. Kramer, eds. Why Forage? Hunters and Gatherers in the Twenty-first Century. University of New Mexico Press. pp 241-262.
13) Shapiro A, Venkataraman VV, Fashing PJ, Nguyen N. 2016. Dietary ecology of fossilTheropithecus: inference from dental microwear textures of extant geladas from ecologically diverse sites. Journal of Human Evolution 99(1):1-9.
12) van Casteren A, Venkataraman VV, Ennos AR, Lucas PW. 2016. Novel developments in field mechanics. Journal of Human Evolution 98:5-17.
11) Kraft TS, Venkataraman VV. 2015. Could plant extracts have enabled hominins to acquire honey before the control of fire? Journal of Human Evolution 85:65-74.
10) Venkataraman VV, Kerby JT, Nguyen N, Ashenafi ZT, Fashing PJ. 2015. Solitary Ethiopian wolves increase predation success on rodents when among grazing monkey herds. Journal of Mammalogy 96(1):129-137. (Reported by Slate and Scientific American)
9) Nguyen N, Fashing PJ, Boyd DA, Barry TS, Burke RJ, Goodale CB, Jones SCZ, Kerby JT, Kellogg BS, Lee LM, Miller CM, Nurmi NO, Ramsay MS, Venkataraman VV, Knauf Y, Roos C, Knauf S. 2015. Increased mortality and diminished reproductive potential in wild geladas with Taenia serialis tapeworm cysts at Guassa, Ethiopia. American Journal of Primatology 77:579-594.
8) Kraft TS, Venkataraman VV, Green JC, Suratman M. 2015. Towards a sweeter future: conserving the giant Asian honey bee in Peninsular Malaysia. Malaysian Naturalist 68:32-36.
7) Fashing PJ, Nguyen N, Venkataraman VV, Kerby JT. 2014. Gelada feeding ecology in an intact ecosystem in the Menz Highlands, Ethiopia: Variability over time and implications for hominin evolution. American Journal of Physical Anthropology 155:1-16.
6) Venkataraman VV, Glowacka H, Fritz J,Clauss M, Fashing PJ, Nguyen N, Seyoum C. 2014. Effects of dietary fracture toughness and dental wear on chewing efficiency in geladas. American Journal of Physical Anthropology 155:17-32.
5) Kraft TS, Venkataraman VV, Dominy NJ. 2014. A natural history of human tree climbing. Journal of Human Evolution 71:105-118.
4) Venkataraman VV, Kraft TS, DeSilva JM, Dominy NJ. 2013. Phenotypic plasticity of climbing-related traits in the ankle joint of great apes and rainforest hunter-gatherers. Human Biology 85:309-328.
3) Venkataraman VV, Rolian C, Gordon AD, Patel BA. 2013. A resampling approach and implications for estimating the Phalangeal Index from unassociated hand bones in fossil primates. American Journal of Physical Anthropology 151:280-289
2) Venkataraman VV, Kraft TS, Dominy NJ. 2013. Tree climbing and human evolution. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences USA 110:1237-1242.(Reported by National Geographic, Boston Globe, Scientific American, and Huffington Post.)
1) Fashing PJ, Nguyen N, Barry TS, Goodale CB, Burke RJ, Jones SC, Kerby JT, Lee LM, Nurmi NO, Venkataraman VV. 2011. Death among geladas (Theropithecus gelada): a broader perspective on mummified infants and primate thanatology. American Journal of Primatology, 73: 405–409. (Reported by Wired and New Scientist)